I got notice yesterday that the UnConference „Participation 2.0” can be held in November 2007. The European Commission accepted the proposal that I submitted for Radiofabrik with the support of my colleague Elke Zobl earlier this year. The EC will contribute to the financing of this event.
In bringing together international and national alternative media practitioners, researchers, policy makers, activists, and community development workers, the UnConference will consider and review the role of participatory media in Europe and its challenges in the future.
What meaning, impact and challenges do arise by this participatory media production in respect to political participation and active European citizenship? Which models for future action can we develop? These will be the main issues addressed in the Participation 2.0 – Open Conference.
A participatory design of all activities (preparation, conference, dissemination) will be consistent with the general idea. The open conference in all phases itself is a space of participatory experimentation blending the form and content of the issue at stake.
– How can Web 2.0 and user-generated content contribute to political participation and active European citizenship?
– How can the involvement of citizens and civil society organisations further stimulate the process of European integration and the idea of European active citizenship?
– What is the impact and influence of independent and participatory media production on women and their social and political involvement and participation as citizens?
– Are the economic models of Web 2.0 in contradiction with societal aspects?
– Media competence, Internet competence and participatory competence – which new competences are required?
Sounds very interesting. Where can I get more Information? This conference will be very interisting for trupoli.com, a community on which people are able to get transparent information over a great vary of politicians and their work.
Thank you very much for your message. You will find news at this weblog. Currently the conference is in the making. The conference is scheduled to take place in Salzburg, Austria from Nov. 15-18, 2007.
blog.eu.info.at » Kultur 2007-2013: Ergebnisse der ersten Ausschreibung
[…] Programms Europa für Bürgerinnen und Bürger (2007-2013) bekannt gegeben worden. Darunter auch ein Projekt an dessen Konzeption ich maßgeblich beteiligt […]
BarCamps in Deutschland - 15 anstehende Termine at kriegs-recht.de
[…] Salzburg ist zudem eine Unconference Participation 2.0 geplant. Als Termin ist der 15.-18. November […]